Wednesday, August 10, 2016

BUSY RAINY WEDNESDAY

Another Dog Days rainy morning !!!
After slipping and sliding around in the mud doing morning chores I emptied 1/2" rain from the gauge from the overnight rain.
Even with a very busy day staring me in the face I took time for devotions as on days like these I feel like I really need to start off with God's guidance !!! And even on a dreary rainy morning like this God always provides bright spots of beauty as these Morning Glories are gorgeous today.

My blisters seem to be getting a little better today as they don't hurt at all and some of them are turning white looking like they are drying up.
I dawned my rubber gloves and started cake baking this morning. I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 5 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes before having a late lunch. My appetite is still not good so a salad was all I ate.
As soon as the last cakes came out of the ovens I started turning my kitchen from baking mode back into canning mode !!!
I scalded and packed the rest of the tomatoes from Sunday's picking and added this basket that I picked this morning into quart jars.

With all the rain we are getting these tomatoes will be better canned.
After a couple hours and 2 water bath canners running at the same time I ended up with 12 quarts of tomatoes for the pantry.

After this week of fighting this virus and all the other catch up work from a week off plus dealing with over 2 bushels of quickly rotting watery tomatoes these empty baskets never looked so good !

I rested a few minutes while I watched the news then did the chores in a light rain shower. Rain has been on and off all day today leaving another 4/10ths inch in the gauge this evening and the rain is continuing.
Back inside I didn't feel like supper so I did weekly or I should say 2 weeks of paperwork and paid bills.
Then spent the rest of the evening icing cakes. Another late after midnight work day came to an end in the early morning hours of the next day !!!!
Grateful for the healing hand of Jesus Christ and for the strength He gives me each day !
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: