Friday, September 16, 2016

WHITE PUMPKIN ???

A surprisingly cloudy morning greeted me today as I headed out to get the chores done. I wondered aloud where all these clouds came from as I could actually feel the moisture from the dense fog in the air as it obscured the surrounding mountain tops.
Bright spots on an otherwise dreary morning .



EL came to stay with me while her mom took care of some business and went to pick up a cat at the animal shelter in Asheville.  She watched a movie while I baked. I baked 6 caramel, 4 chocolate, 3 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes. EL was good as gold the entire morning and came into the kitchen several times she said just to make sure I was okay !!! ???
When her mom got back she was excited to see her new cat. She had been telling me she was going to name it Pumpkin but this cat was white with grey spots so I told her Pumpkin wasn't a good name for this one. So she said he could be "White Pumpkin"  , we had a great laugh !!!
After they left I finished up the baking then carried water to all my potted plants. Then I decided even with my knee pain I had to sweep and mop all my floors.
When this was finished I definitely needed to get off my feet for a little while so I mopped myself outside and sat in the cloudy cooler but still 80 degree afternoon. The sky has looked threatening all day but no rain for us again. The "K" tropical storm was named today and they are not sure yet where this one will go but it has a different track than Ian so they don't think he will turn out to sea as quicky. Guess we wait and see !!  Each time a storm forms now I wonder if this could be our dry weather pattern breaker ???

I was still sitting on the front porch when hubbie came in work just enjoying the late summer day .
We watched the news then did evening chores before having a salad supper. As I ate I thought how all these fresh vegetables are soon going to be all gone and it makes them taste even better !!!
The big news of the day is the leak in a major gas pipeline called the Colonial Line that supplies gas to  all the east coast states including North Carolina. The leak was discovered last Friday and after spilling at least 250,000 gallons of gas into a control pond the clean up is still going on. The workers haven't yet been able to access the line to do any repairs due to hazardous air conditions from all the gas spilled. This is going to create a gas shortage here and also a price hike.  I am very glad I needed gas yesterday and filled up on my way home as I'm sure the panic will start causing long gas lines at the gas stations.

I finished out the day icing all the cakes I baked earlier before heading to bed around 11:30.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: