Friday, October 14, 2016

BUSY FRIDAY

Up to greet another busy mid October Friday !  The clouds are covering the sun this morning making it feel really like a Fall morning.
After chores, breakfast and devotions I took a walk. The Forsythias have been fooled into bloom along with the Azalea I showed yesterday.
I still see very little color in the leaves even in mid October.  These are usually  favorite spots  for color around the farm.



I planted these wild flower seeds early in the summer and they are just now blooming ???

Here is also a late "view from here" pic that shows very little color.
I came inside and baked to finish the morning out. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 coconut, 7 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake then had a late lunch.
As I went out to carry some scraps to the chickens I had a hitchhiker that landed on my glasses and would not shake off. I finally had to take my glasses off when I got my hands empty and pick him off.

I turned wrong today and hurt the same knee once again but this feels more like a muscle pull as the pain runs all down the side of my shin.  Seems I am doomed with a painful left knee !!!
I rested it some with ice on it then sat at the sewing machine to catch up the sewing that I haven't got to do all week. I made these 2 little "curtain valence" aprons and this medium size bonnet before I heard Re and the kids come in the back door.

She had come over after a couple crates from the barn and the kids wanted to wait for Pawpaw to get home so they could play.
They had a good time running from the slide to the swing to the barn and found this little bike which they both had to try out.



After they were coaxed into going home hubbie and I watched the news then did evening chores.
I rested a little more with my knee up before spending the rest of the evening standing on it icing my cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful for a loving Lord who blesses me undeservedly each day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: