Wednesday, October 19, 2016

BUSY HOT OCTOBER WEDNESDAY AND 1976 PHOTO

Ahhhhhh !! Wednesday mornings are nice when the alarm can be turned off a couple times before I need to get started.
After chores , breakfast and devotions I took a nice walk in the warm sunshine. My knee feels a lot better today thankfully.
I baked cakes to finish out the morning, I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 2 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake then had lunch.
The sun was battling the clouds for position so I decided to get some things done downstairs. I have had defrosting my freezer on my "to do" list for several days now and somehow it hasn't gotten done.
Today was the day !!  The hardest part of this job is getting everything out of the freezer and into the other refrigerators or coolers to keep it frozen. There is never too much ice in this freezer and it doesn't take it long to loosen enough to fall off the sides.


While I waited for the ice to loosen I vacuumed all the last years leaves from the inside greenhouse spot in the basement. (yes I an that far behind) !!
With the forecast for upper 30's a couple nights this weekend it reminded me that it probably won't be long until this space is filled again and I needed to get it ready just in case even this weekends temps could change.
Speaking of temps today's 84 degree high broke the 78 year old record of 83 degrees set back in 1938 on this date. I know is has been hot today and very out of normal for this late in October. These record and near record high temps are definitely not helping our drought situation around here.
The French Broad and Mills Rivers are at very low levels right now prompting voluntary water conservation for Henderson county residence.


As I did evening chores I noticed this sunset as the clouds seemed to be following the sun over the horizon.

I also noticed the bright purple color of these Beauty Berries this year. They seem brighter than usual to me.

I did weekly paperwork and paid bills before icing all my cakes this evening.
The only October 1978 photo I could find is this one of me in what looks like an old drug store.

Thankful to God for the blessings of this day and for the strength He gives me each and every day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: