Saturday, October 15, 2016

BUSY MARKET AND 1966 FOOTBALL

The streets of our sleepy little town were pretty empty on this Saturday morning and so was market for a while.
We had a couple tour buses but they didn't buy anything, they were just looking !!
Business picked up as the day wore on and I had a good sales day. With no leaf color around here yet I wonder if we will get another surge in business when they finally do change color or will everyone be settled in for the winter by that time ???
I am thankful for all I did sell. The weather certainly was beautiful again today and the temp was in the upper 70's for a very nice day.
I made a stop at Aldi for next weeks baking supplies and then stopped at Mighty Dollar and Ingles for birthday lunch supplies tomorrow.
Hubbie helped me unload and get things put away when I got home around 4:00 and then we rested and watched some college football on TV.  We watched the overtime segment of the Clemson / NC State game which Clemson won and then watched part of the UNC / Miami game which UNC won.
Hubbie dug some of our potatoes this afternoon and found that we didn't have a good crop this year with all the flip flop weather we had. We will dig the rest of them and I will have pics.
While he worked in the garden I washed all my chicken and bird waterers and feeders and put the ones not in use away for winter.
After chores we relaxed for the evening ,enjoying the cool crisp Fall weather.
Earlier clouds moved in and we thought we might get a shower  of rain but no rain for us yet.
Our town tonight as the clouds were hanging around.


I used to keep a scrap book also when I got old enough to follow in my Aunt Hattie's footsteps. In October of 1966 I was in the 6th grade. At our school all grades 1st thru 12th were together in the same place. There were two different buildings but we shared the same lunchroom , gym, auditorium and  offices.
In my scrap book I found this 1966 Edneyville high school football program. I doubt that my parents would have let me go to a football game at that age but that didn't stop me from keeping up with the team and clipping all the articles from the local paper.
I had two cousins who played on the team that year and two cousins that were coaches.





This is also a roster of the West Henderson team that year. West is the school hubbie graduated from.I thought that was coincidental that I would have had this at that date !!!
Thankful to the Lord for the blessings of this day and striving to be the person He would have me be each day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: