Tuesday, October 25, 2016

LITTLE HELPER

G-daughter arrived at 7am and we went back to bed so she could get a little more sleep. She slept until 8am and then we had to hurry to get breakfast and get her ready for day-care at 8:30. She walked in and quickly found a playmate. She acts like she really enjoys the social aspect of this little time with other babies so it is worth the time it takes to get her there and back.
There is a field of soy beans that are ready for harvest with the mountains in the background that I think is very pretty and today there was no traffic anywhere around so I stopped and made some pics. This is the true meaning of "Fall" !!


Back home I did chores and had my breakfast. I stopped and got the mail from our box but wondered why when I saw it was only campaign ads and lots of them !!!!
 I took a nice walk in the warm sunshine. It was 42 degrees at 7am and it is already in the mid 50's at 10am.Our temps have been anything but normal for almost this entire month and it looks like we are going to escape October without a killing frost .


I did house work until it was time to go back and pick g-daughter up.
She had a great day and was very tired, going to sleep almost instantly when I got her in her carseat.
She slept about 45 minutes after we got home.
I offered her several things for lunch but she is just not eating good right now and would only take bites of different things.
If you want to make housework really interesting you should try doing it with a 13 month old helping!!
Re-organization is her specialty !!!!

I gave the cleaning idea up pretty quickly and we headed outside to enjoy the beautiful 70 degree afternoon.

This child loves to swing !!!
After walking all around the yard and picking up about a trillion leaves and acorns she was so tired we came inside for another nap. When she gets into bed it takes her 30 minutes to get slowed down enough to get to sleep then she only sleeps about 30 minutes !!!
Her mom picked her up shortly after she woke up.
This large yellow print bonnet is my daily sewing project for today.

After chores I watched this beautiful sunset . There is a huge 300+ acre fire in Jackson county and the smoke is traveling into our area helping create some of this beauty.
The sky kept changing color all evening and got prettier and prettier.


I came inside and baked my cakes tonight. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes. If things work out like we would like them to hubbie and I are going to the Pickens flea market tomorrow so I wanted to get the baking done so I wouldn't have that waiting for me when I got home tomorrow afternoon.
I think I might be getting a cold tonight with a burning nose and sneezing fits but I still feel okay so maybe its just the smoky air. Our area is under an air quality alert because of the smoke and all the dust from being so dry.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for safe travel for hubbie and me tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: