Friday, October 21, 2016

WINDY FRIDAY

Loud bumps and bangs woke me early this morning as the wind blew sticks and acorns all across our metal roof. I moved my Honda down below the house so the limbs and what ever this hard wind blows down won't hit it.
After chores, breakfast and devotions I took a "guarded" walk trying to dodge the falling debris .
The weather station says 23 mph winds but when I look up at the angrily swirling tree tops it looks more like the wind is twice that speed !

The ground is beginning to get its colorful Fall carpet !!


These are the same areas I took pics from last Friday and the colors haven't really changed much in this past week.


But some of the trees like this Persimmon is gloriously colorful.

Fall is a beautiful time of year regardless of what color it is !!

Back inside I treated myself to a slice of this bread I found tucked away and cover up in the corner of the freezer when I defrosted the other day and it was delicious covered with some of my homemade apple butter.

After that I spent the rest of the morning baking cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 2 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes.
This is a pivotal week in my business, it could be good or very good but it could also be slow !!!
As October ends it usually takes most of my business with it.
The wind is still blowing like crazy and after I cleaned out my refrigerator and took some of the discards up to the chicken lots I really was surprised I didn't find some dead hens as one of the lots was full of huge Oak tree limbs that had blown down.
I hurried back to the safety of the house .
I have been trying to get a chance to get my hair cut for a couple weeks now so I thought I would give Markeeta a call and see if by some chance she would have an opening for today. She had had a cancelation at 3:00 so that worked for me.  While I waited for 3:00 I did my sewing project for the day, this large bonnet.
 I like how she layers my hair to keep it from getting so frizzy.

I bought some  sliding baskets at Lowes last Thursday and want to improve this cluttered up cabinet with them. It is a bottom cabinet and the lower shelf I can't even see what is in there except what is in the very front.

I took all these containers out of here and threw some away then matched them with their lids .
While I waited for hubbie to get home from work to bring the drill in and screw the frames to the sliding baskets down I worked a little more downstairs re-arranging some more things down there as emptied space down there is going to come into play when I move things from the kitchen to create clearer counter tops and easier access to the things we use regularly.
When hubbie came in we discovered the runners on one of the sliding baskets I had was missing a rubber washer so hubbie took it back to Lowes to exchange it. We finally got the baskets in and this will make finding things in here much much easier and hepled move things around to clear some counter space.

After chores I iced my cakes and got ready for an earlier bedtime that is really strange for a Friday night.
Thankful for the wonderful blessings of this day and for His wonderful grace.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: