Monday, January 16, 2017

BUSY MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY AROUND HERE

No holiday for us today as g-daughter and g-son arrived about 7:45 this morning as mom has a class this morning and is working this afternoon on this Martin Luther King Day.
After chores and breakfast for everyone we decided to make a trip to Southern States to buy chicken feed and then stopped by Belks to check out their sale. Lordy Lordy before very long this boy is going to be taller than me !!!!

 Neither hubbie nor I found anything for ourselves but g-son found a couple things at a good deal and I got daughter's baby girl a couple things on sale.
We made it home to have lunch of yesterday's left overs.
I got weekly laundry started and hubbie played with the kids until g-daughter pooped out and went to bed for a nap.
While she took her almost 2 hour nap hubbie took g-son outside to adjust his new bike and he played with this stretchy monkey he bought at Belks today.
D-in-love picked them up about 4:30 and hubbie and I started our chores. We took care of Aa's cattle today as he is coming home later tonight  and it probably will be raining.
#1 son came out and helped hubbie unroll the hay rolls.
This has been a cloudy damp day with highs in the upper 50's and they say rain is moving in tonight.
I finished the last load of laundry tonight after we got inside and then I went to work in my office on December monthly figures and the 2016 yearly figures.  My totals continue to slide downward but I am still thankful for what I do make. The loss of the large summer camp order last summer really showed up in the yearly totals. Hopefully next summer I can work on finding a replacement customer.
At least I am ready now to pay the last quarterly taxes of the year.
I loaded all my rugs and big bedspreads in the Honda tonight to take to the laundry tomorrow even in the rainy weather. I will build a fire in the downstairs woodstove to dry the rubber backed rugs.
Thankful for a blessed day and grateful for the grace of a wonderful loving Lord.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

It always amazes me how fast the grandkids grow. My grandson is now taller than me and almost taller than his dad. Seems like just yesterday he was a little baby. Sure wish he lived closer so I could visit more than twice a year. Blessings