Friday, April 7, 2017

FRIDAY VISITOR

My breakfast partner today.

BB came early to spend the morning with me while mom made a weekend trip to Ohio.  He hasn't forgotten where anything is in the months he has been away !!!
And he hauled it all into the kitchen to entertain himself while I baked my cakes this morning. I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 5 pound  and 1 blackberry wine cake plus 2 pans of brownies. Even with close watching my upper oven ruined 2 pound cakes and 1 pan of brownies by overheating once a gain. I am going to have to buy a new oven to get through this baking season.
This little guy riding this tricycle around the kitchen brought back memories of g-son about 8 years ago doing the same thing !!!



Around noon a friend of Re's who is home schooling her kids and had taken EL to a class she was teaching this morning came by to pick up BB so he could spend the afternoon with her and her kids.
I had lunch then finished baking using only the lower oven which of course took twice the time.
After I was finished I rested until hubbie got home from work then we watched the news and did chores.
It has been a very nice but cool day with highs only in the upper 40's and a brisk wind blowing all day.
I had a nagging head ache all afternoon I'm guessing from the burnt food smell from the oven this morning.
I iced cakes tonight then headed for an early bedtime.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and the love of a wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: