Wednesday, April 12, 2017

SPY WEDNESDAY AND 1967 MEMORIES

Dolly the 4-legged kid needed an extra early potty break this morning so I decided to stay up and get an early start on my day.
After chores and breakfast I took a nice walk in the warm sunshine. It is another beautiful day.
These Lilacs outside my back door are one of the nicer things about spring with their amazing aromatic blossoms.
After my walk I had a hot cup of green tea with my devotions. Reading the Bible in the mornings seems to give my day a serene calm start.
I started baking for the day, 6 caramel, 1 pound, 2 blackberry wine and a pan of brownies. I tried out my broken oven by turning the temp to 185 degrees but it still heated too hot ????  And to make matters worse the lower oven started getting too hot on my last run of cakes in there . I'm hoping maybe it got overheated because I had to run it so long.
I have located a couple double ovens that I may go look at next week but they are all about 3 hours away.
After a late lunch I cleaned house and then even had time for a nice vitamin D break out in the sunshine. It actually was hot out there this evening with the temp pushing 80 degrees.
When hubbie came in from work we unhooked the Direct TV box from the living room TV. We canceled our service after our 1 year discount year ran out yesterday. We just don't watch enough TV to pay a big price for Direct TV. We were impressed that our smart TV picked up 13 channels without even hooking up the antennae hubby bought. After we hooked it up we got 15 channels and by switching windows we can get a few more really clearly so we are happy with free TV !!!
After chores I did weekly paperwork and then we watched Survivor on TV and I finished out the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Back in April of 1967 I was in 7th grade and we had spring pictures taken that month.
This is me .....
This is a good friend of mine all through elementary school, Janet Justus.
My youngest brother also celebrated his 6th birthday that year on the 1st day of April.

Thankful for another blessing filled day and pray that the Lord walks with me in my struggle to be the person He would have me be.
As this "Spy" Wednesday passes let us be reminded of the great love of Jesus as He knew before Judas betrayed Him that it was going to happen and yet He treated Judas no different than any other.
Humbly grateful.......
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: