Friday, May 5, 2017

MORE RAIN AND 1947 REPORT CARDS

A long stormy night with roaring wind and rain hitting the windows above the bed sounding like there was hail mixed in.
This morning there was only 1 & 3/4 inch of rain in the gauge which surprised me as it sounded like there would be much more.
After slipping and sliding around in the mud getting chores done under a still cloudy threatening sky I looked over my very soggy garden with plants standing in water. This reminds me of a year not too long ago when nothing made in the garden because of so much rain and very little sunshine.
Back inside I had breakfast and then forwent my walk in the now misty rain outside.
I started my baking and baked 6 caramel, 2 coconut,  2 pound, 1 blackberry wine and 2 pans of brownies.
I had a late lunch and then went through my photos looking for May decade pics. It amazes me how long this takes even with photos all organized and some listings of the decade pics.
The earliest year I found something in was May of 1937 with two of my aunts report cards. These are two of my mothers younger sisters.

 I noticed my Aunt Hattie was not a fan of History but had perfect attendance this year !!!

I was watching the news this evening when the rain started pouring down again. By the time it slacked enough to get out and do the chores there was another 1/2 inch in the rain gauge.
I got back inside before the pouring rain started again and lasted most of the evening.
I am beginning to feel soggy !!!
I crocheted on g-daughter #2 's blanket for a while tonight before spending the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thankful tonight for the blessings of this day and striving to glorify God in all that I do.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: