Saturday, June 24, 2017

BUSY MARKET DAY AND 1997 BASEBALL

Another even earlier alarm this morning. The annual antique fair is on Main street in downtown today and with a nice morning and rainy afternoon predicted I expect folks to crowd the streets early. There was 3/10ths inch of rain in the gauge from the overnight rains.
We made it to market exactly an hour earlier than usual and had no trouble  finding a parking space.
Market was pretty busy this morning with the extra people in town today.
As I watched the antique fair shoppers coming and going through market I noticed no one was carrying any purchases from the fair like I have seen in some years ???
I sold very well today and am very thankful for the busy day.
Just as I left market a light rain began falling. I stopped at Sav Mor for eggs to bake with next week and then made a stop at Walgreens to look for some things for daughter and a couple things for me.
I went by her house and dropped off her things . Connie (Josh's mom) and a couple of her grandkids were there. When I got ready to leave the rain had gotten harder and I drove home in a heavy downpour.
By the time I turned on our road the rain slacked and left the mountains steaming in the heat and humidity of the afternoon.
We unloaded in a light rain then I rested while it rained off and on all evening leaving another 3/10ths inch in the gauge.
After the rain passed our area we went up to the garden and dug some potatoes and pulled up some onions for tomorrow's lunch.
Then we did chores and I planted some plants a lady gave me at market today. Thanks Linda's Plants for the sweet potato vines and flowers.
It was nice to see the blue sky appear this evening.
Back in June of 1997 #2 son was playing all star baseball and we were traveling around from district to state tournaments and his team was winnig.




Headed to bed early tonight to catch up on rest from this busy week and looking forward to worshiping my Heavenly Father tomorrow with my church family.
Thankful for today's blessings.
God Bless and Good Night.




No comments: