Friday, June 9, 2017

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

A very foggy morning greeted me this morning making me think about foggy mornings predicting snow in August. But this is June so it is just a foggy morning !
The fog was so thick the air was very moisture laden as evidenced by the water on this lily.

After chores and breakfast daughter came by and walked with me today, we walked over a mile and by the time we finished the sun was getting hot.
We went inside and she had something to eat while I got things ready for my baking. We talked while I baked 6 caramel, 4 pound and 2 pans of brownies.
She left to go home and rest and I rested out in the nice sunshine. It was an ideal afternoon outside because the sun was hot but the passing clouds gave enough shady breaks to feel comfortable.

I went to the garden and pulled weeds for the chickens and came up with a moving plan for all the chicks I have hatched this spring.
When hubbie came in from work we finished making a wire cage to put all the roosters in to get them to fryer size ready for sale.
I put these 6 roosters in there that are all about 2 weeks apart in age and they took right to their new surroundings and acted a lot happier on the ground pecking and scratching in the dirt.


Next I put  this black Silkie mama back into the big lot ........
and then put her 3 remaining pullet chicks in this bigger box where I took a white Silkie mama out away from remaining 2 pullet chicks.

So that leaves me only 3 boxes of chicks to care for and these big green egg layer pullets will be moved into the big Silkie lot shortly.

This will shorten my feeding time and the chicks have much more room to move around.
This is the last day of school in our county and g-son got awards this morning in a ceremony at his school for AB honor roll and for being on the spelling team as he finished up his 4th grade year.
He looks so proud and we are so proud of him as he is turning into a smart wonderful young man.
He is in the blue golf shirt.



AAAAANNNNDDDDD  I think he is happy for summer break to begin !!

It was also graduation night for all the seniors in the county and the weather was gorgeous this year for the outside graduation services.
  The North Henderson seniors graduated at the Biltmore church facilities in Arden because their football field is under construction with replacing the grass with artificial turf.
I wish all the 2017 graduates God speed and wish for them that all the dreams for their futures may
come true as they begin another phase of life.

It was late when I got inside and I started right to icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Another after midnight work day completed !!
Thankful for the strength God gives me each day and for the health of both hubbie and I that allows us to work like we do.'
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: