Sunday, August 13, 2017

RAINY SUNDAY

Up to a cloudy Sunday morning and out to get chores done. I moved the last of my spring chicks out into the Silkie lot last night. These are the Cuckoo Marans I bought and they were experiencing their first taste of being outside with much curiosity this morning.


We had breakfast and cooked the potatoes and corn on the cob and cut up and breaded the okra before we left for church so lunch wouldn't take as long to prepare.
Church was good still moving through Mathew chapter 6 about fasting.
G-daughter R was having fun in the nursery with BB and another little blonde headed girl in their patriotic red, white and blue !!


Afterward we came home to have lunch of the potatoes and corn with pork loin (cooked in the crock pot all night), fresh green beans , fried okra and biscuits with sliced tomatoes with Aa's family and #1 son. G-daughter R was ready for an early nap so her and d-in-love went home. After everyone went home hubbie and I relaxed.
Daughter sent me this picture of son-in-love and g-daughter I taking their Sunday afternoon nap.
#2 son called earlier and invited hubbie and me to go to the lake with them but the cloudy skies made us stay here. They went to Lake Hartwell and said the day was beautiful .


Hubbie and I had a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon watching the off and on rainfall outside.
D-in-love and g-daughter R came by for a late lunch before picking g-son up from his camping trip.
He said he had a lot of fun and would have liked to have stayed longer.

In the news tonight the "g" tropical storm was named today but will pose no threat to land.
At chore time this evening I emptied 4/10ths inch of rain from the gauge and as I sit here tonight typing this I hear it raining again, sheeese !!!!
There was an interesting cloud formation as I walked toward the barn this evening as this thunderhead bubbled up.
Hubbie and I both are trying to work out different schedules this week to get in a routine for school to start. D-in-love has to go back full time tomorrow and daughter will have teacher workdays starting Friday and all next week before students go back on the 28th.
Earlier bedtime for me is on my priority list as that alarm is going to get earlier everyday now.
With my new fitbit I have been tracking my sleep time and I am only actually getting less than 7 hours sleep each night with over an hour of awake time cycling during the night so I need to try and get more actual sleep time.
Thankful tonight for the blessing of this day and for the love of  Jesus Christ my beloved Savior.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Trying to catch up on all your posts. So glad you are getting some rain. Wish our rain would stop - we are really soggy. God has blessed you with all the vegetables you are gleaning from your garden. The grand kids are growing like the weeds in my lawn. Good luck with the sleep problem. If you ever figure out how to get better sleep let me know as I have the same problem. Blessings