Friday, October 6, 2017

BUSY BAKING AND CANNING FRIDAY

Only g-daughter IR this morning as d-in-love is going on a girls weekend to the beach with some friends this morning and she is taking both her kids to their schools before she leaves.
I have this box of Jonagold apples that sis-in-law gave me a couple days ago to deal with this morning and they filled 3 crockpots full of slices for some yummy applesauce. I just use these sweet tasting apples and add no sugar or spices. I sat the crockpots out in the sunroom and let them cook all day.


All this slicing took a bit longer than I had planned so I had to go pick up g-daughter RL from preschool before baking today. Hubbie and IR rode along and we stopped at a favorite apple house on our way home and picked up more apples for daughter to make some applesauce and some apples for us to eat .
We got a bushel of Jonagolds and a bushel of Fugi apples and halved them so we each got 1/2 box of each .
Both g-daughters woke up when we got home and we had lunch all together.
After we ate I had a helper  with my baking today.
We baked 12 caramel, 7 chocolate, 1 coconut and 2 pans of brownies before it was play time. It's as if this one knows her mom is not going to be home this weekend and she is sticking to me like glue this afternoon.
Hubbie went to pick up g-son from his school while g-daughter IR took a nap and RL and I played quietly.
G-son loves to cuddle his little cousin when he is here.
Daughter picked up g-daughter IR and then we took g-son and g-daughter RL outside while we did chores. RL said this looked like a witches kettle ????  I never know where she gets some of the things she says right now.
#1 son came after his kids and then hubbie and I came inside and I iced cakes for the rest of the evening and we got things ready for market. I have 10 cakes on order for tomorrow so that will make for a good day .
I also got 16 pints of really pretty delicious apple sauce canned tonight.

I am a tired lady tonight and fell into bed a little after midnight to close a very busy day.
I am thankful for the blessings of this day and thankful for the traveling mercies for d-in-love and her friends as they reached their destinations safely today.
God Bless and Good Night








No comments: