Wednesday, October 11, 2017

RECORD BREAKING HEAT TODAY

The sun looks like it will win the battle this morning as it rises while I did chores.

Both g-daughters arrived early and after breakfast I took RL to preschool. The fog in spots on the way was really dense.

After dropping her off in her classroom I went upstairs to view her school pics she had made Monday.
They only got 2 poses from her before she was "done " with the photographer but they were both good.
D-in-love had sent a blank check and she told me what to order after I sent her a picture of them.
Back home I fixed IR a bottle then had a late breakfast myself.
I got all the baking supplies gathered and started baking. I baked 6 caramel, 4 chocolate, 4 pound cakes, and 1 blackberry wine cake before having a late lunch.
After her second bottle which she insisted on holding herself IR took a good nap.
While she napped the Asphund tree trimming crew came to get the limb off our electric line and did a really good job of trimming the other branches away from the lines so the same thing won't happen again.
The limb hanging on the lines after hurricane Irma's winds.
Today after the trimming crew finished.

After hubbie got back inside from this he took care of IR while I finished sewing up all the little pillows I had cut out. I made 16 pillows to restock my market supply.
I also got the 10 for the order boxed and labeled and ready to ship to Charleston,SC tomorrow.
Daughter came after IR and had to wait for her to wake up to feed her and take her home.
G-son called and said he had been interviewed by the local TV station at his outdoor education class today and to make sure we watched the news.
We watched all 3 segments but his interview wasn't on yet. D-in-love is going to try and find out from the other parents that were at the class when the interview will air.
We did evening chores and then I did paperwork for the week and for the month of September. Fortunately for me I had the best September sales I've had in about 8 years and unfortunately for all the folks who had to evacuate their homes and were in town during the hurricanes of September that brought me all the extra business.
I finished all this and had time to sit and watch the last 30 minutes of Survivor on TV before I started icing my cakes.
Hubbie has to wait up for me to finish on Wednesday nights now as we have to get all the things in the Honda at night as both g-daughters come in the morning.
I have sweated enough today in the hot kitchen to clear my system of all the impurities that have been trying to make me sick. We had a record breaking high temperature this evening of 85 that broke the old 84 degree record set back in 1954. We also had another record breaking warm morning temp of 71 degrees. I am hoping we get to more fall like temps by the end of the week as they are predicting.
Hendersonville High School let students out at 1:00 today because the air conditioning stopped working !!!!   What ?????  There wasn't any air conditioning when I went to school and we some how survived and went to school on hot days !!
We made it to bed about 11:30.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the health that God blesses me with each day.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: