Wednesday, December 13, 2017

BAKING FRIDAY and 1957 CHRISTMAS MEMORIES

Had an interesting morning with g-daughter RL today. She was really ill tempered and didn't want to co-operate in anything .
G-daughter IR just watched all the excitement from her bouncy seat which RL pitched a fit wanting to sit in ????
Finally we were off to pre-school with her whinning and not wanting to go for the first time ever at this new school.
On the way there she fell asleep and wouldn't wake up. I carried her in and handed her to teacher Jodi.
Jodi sat her in the floor when she roused her up and RL acted like she had no idea where she was at and kept looking around at all the other kids strangely.
I almost picked her up and brought her home as Jodi said she hoped she wasn't getting sick.
She said she would call if she didn't come out of her daze in just a little while so I left and came home.
I called d-in-love and told her to call and check on her when she got a chance.
She called and they said RL was fine so I got IR her breakfast and then hubbie took her over while I baked.
I baked 12 caramel, 1 coconut, 4 pound and 1 blackberry wine plus a pan of brownies.
It's funny how missing just one market day makes me feel as if  I have been away for a long time.
We had a late lunch then put IR down for a quiet afternoon nap since RL's other grandma picked her up today.
She loves to look at the lights on the Christmas tree.


Hubbie went outside to gather firewood in for another cold night. We have kept the fire going downstairs all day today and it sure has felt good with the temperature staying in the low 40's all day. Thankfully the wind died down early last night and we kept our power.
Deb , RL's other g-ma brought her up here after she woke up from her nap to see IR as she was wanting to see her pretty badly. She was acting fine this afternoon so she must just have been tired this morning.
After daughter picked up IR and everyone left hubbie and I got the chores done and then I did weekly paperwork and the month ending figures for November which turned out to be about average.
I watched Survivor while I iced caramel and coconut cakes and got things ready for market.
To start off the December decade pics back in 1957 I was 3 years old and my brother was 1 year old and I got a piano that year.



I remember this piano was kept for many years and now that I think of it this little piano may be packed up in some of the stuff in our barn.
Memories are so fun and sad at the same time as I look at my dad and mom and feel sorry that they never got to feel the experience of grandchildren in their lifetimes.
Thankful for the good times in my memories and for the family that God choose for me. Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the season of the birth of our Wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: