Sunday, December 3, 2017

DAY OF MOVING AND DECORATING

Got up this morning with full intentions of getting chores done and going to church.  Hubbie was going to start helping #2 son move everything from his carport this morning and they were starting at 9:00.
I did get the chores done but while walking across the garden to the newest chicken tractor I stepped on some uneven ground and I actually thought my hip broke !!!
I couldn't move for what seemed like an hour then I gingerly started moving it around without any weight on it.
I finally made it back to the house and put some of my muscle cream on it which thankfully took the pain level way down.
#2 son came with his first load and hubbie went up to the barn to help him unload then they were taking the trailer up to his house to get more lawn equipment.
I sat for a while and slowly ate some breakfast. I decided maybe sitting still for a long time in church might not be the best plan for my hip so I started moving it.
I went down to the storage building and loaded up some of the Christmas decorations and made a day of decorating.
I was moving slow but I got a lot done and I am thankful that I was able to move around as much as I did without the intense pain I had earlier.
We all took a break and had lunch of last nights left overs.
Hubbie and #2 son got finished with their moving about 3:00 and they helped haul all the empty storage tubs back to the building and got the last two in the house.
#2 son went home and hubbie went to his monthly Deacon's meeting at 4:00.
I got all the front outside lights up before it was chore time. It seemed funny to be putting up Christmas decorations in a t-shirt today but the sunny mid 60's day was lovely.
Hubbie came in when I was finishing the chores and we got things all plugged up and viola !!!!  This old nativity set sprung to life once again.
And the front lights are pretty much done unless of course I find something later to add !!!
Talked to daughter today and they had been looking for rentals today and found a possibility in town.
After we ate some left over 7-layer salad for supper tonight I did more decorating and got my "village" set up on the old wood cook stove.
My hip is really sore tonight and I am headed for a hot soak in the tub and heating pad over night.
Hopefully I'll be able to get out of bed in the morning !!
Thankful for the blessing of the day and the strength that God gives me each day.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

Oh my, that doesn't sound good. Sure hope you didn't break or crack any bones. Please take it easy. You decorations look very nice. Blessings and I will keep you in my prayers.