Friday, December 1, 2017

DECORATING BEGINS

Daughter brought both grand girls in this morning to begin the first day of December 2017.
I did the chores and found this guy in our live trap. Doubtful that he would come out in the daylight and kill a full grown hen but he was captured at the scene of the crime so he will be relocated.
After I got back from taking RL to preschool hubbie hauled him up on the mountain and turned him or her loose far away from my chickens.
I had breakfast, watered all the plants and gathered all my baking supplies for the day before we left early to go for our daily walk on the way to pick up RL.
A really warm, 63 degree and sunny first day of December .

After we picked up RL we stopped by the car wash and hubbie washed my Honda while both g-daughter's watched the water spray and suds cover the car.
I wanted to get it washed before the cold weather predicted for next week gets here.
When we got home both girls were sleeping but their naps didn't last long.

We all ate lunch together then I went over to my friend / beautician to get my hair cut. We always have such a nice catch up visit while she works on my hair.
When I got home  RL was excitedly waiting to help put "ormans" on our Christmas tree.
She learned quickly how to hang the ornaments and was a good helper.


This is a fun age and this Christmas will be really fun with this little 2 year old sweetie pie.
She got bored pretty quickly with decorating and went her way to play and try to keep her cousin from taking a much needed nap this afternoon !!
After their moms picked them up we did chores and I finished the tree .My tree is not really leaning but the picture was crooked.
I found this burlap ribbon hidden away in the bottom of my ornament box and decided to try it on the tree. I think I like it , at least it gives it a different look this year.
Hubbie and I changed out the curtains tonight and called it a decorating day success. I always give myself to the end of the first week of December to get things all done.
We watched a UNC / Davidson basketball game tonight which UNC won.
I always post a current snow cover map on the first day of December each year and this years total is much much less than any year since 2014 since I have been watching this.
Don't know what this means for the rest of the season but most weather folks are predicting that this time next week our temps will be about 20 degrees lower than they are today.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for this Season.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: