Saturday, December 2, 2017

FIRST FAMILY HOLIDAY GATHERING

Up a little earlier on this Saturday morning because today is the Christmas parade in downtown and we wanted to get to market before they start closing the streets and re-routing traffic.
Market is usually slow on this day early but as the parade goers start coming back to their cars they sometimes make for a decent sales day.
I talked to Santa today and put in my wish list since I've been such a good girl !!!!!
I had a pretty decent sales day even though the parade folks just continued their walk as they passed through market on the way back to their cars which filled all the parking spots in market parking lot and kept our regular customers at bay.
I am however as always thankful for what I did sell.
We had new vendors move in this morning and they have some very interesting things for sale . This is a cork ornament I purchased from them for one of my new ornaments for this year.
I left market and made one stop at Ingles on the way home. I needed to get home before 3:00 and get a ham in the oven for our family get together tonight.
I did chores early and caught this gorgeous sunset.
Sis-in-law Sandy and I decided to have one big dinner this year between Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of trying to get everyone together twice as we have been doing.
She rented the GE gym where bro-in-law works so all the kids could be turned loose to play while we adults visited.
We had plenty of food and good times as everyone acted like they had a wonderful time.




#1 son's family and son-in-love and daughter made it to the dinner. #2 son and Tif both had to work late and didn't make it.
We came home and relaxed for the evening with full bellies and thankful hearts.
As we drove home we marveled at this year's only super moon.  It will be at it's closest in the early morning hours of Monday but it sure looks huge tonight !!!
Thankful for the blessings of family and friends tonight and enjoying the love of the Reason for the Season.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: