Monday, December 11, 2017

SLOW MONDAY

Monday morning after an extended weekend gets off to a slow start around here. The cold temps overnight made for more slipping and sliding around on the frozen snow this morning. Hopefully the bright sun shine and predicted warmer temps today will melt a lot of the snow.

These Azalea bushes have a good insulation against the cold winds that are coming .

Schools were on a 3 hour delay so both g-daughters were a little later getting here and RL's preschool was closed today so we settled in for the day. By the looks on these faces it could be a long day !!!

And even when IR broke into a big smile even Pawpaw looked like it was a blah Monday !!!
I did laundry all morning between getting RL and IR snacks and changing diapers.
They were pretty good to play together and it is so sweet to watch IR react to all the toys that RL shares with her. RL wants her to play with her soooo bad !!!

After we all had a good lunch we took a ride out to town so both girls could take good quiet naps in the car and I could go by the Co-op and pick up some things I needed.
When we got home both girls were awake and we spent the rest of the afternoon until their mom's got here entertaining them.
We did chores and there was some melting today but not as much as I had hoped.
At least the snow was slushy enough for me to shovel all my icy paths clear this evening. The next 2 days are predicted to be the coldest of the season yet so there won't be anymore melting until late week.
Rocky and Flash got acquainted today and acted like they maybe could be friends but things might change once they are on the same side of the fence !!
Tomorrow we will put a cover on the dog lot to help keep the cold winds, snow and rain off him. These next couple days are going to be rough on anything staying on the outside.
I am having a hard time getting warm tonight and I feel like I am catching another head cold.
After the head cold I caught back in October hung on and almost turned into bronchial phenmonia I am definitely not looking forward to another round of that !
Headed to bed early tonight.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and with the knowledge that on some days God's blessings are a little harder to see I know with the confidence in my heart that they are always there. 
God Bless and Good Night









1 comment:

linda m said...

It is really cold here also. High winds are making the temps drop into the single digits. No melting of our snow either. Blessings