Saturday, December 9, 2017

SNOW DAY SLEDDING FUN

A little extra snooze time this morning as snow still falls outside. We have 12 inches of the white stuff this morning and it is truly a winter wonderland out here.






The roads were just slushy and wet this morning.
I paid for my extra sleep when I got up to my chicken pens and found the netting over the Silkie lot completely torn down by the weight of the heavy snow.
The net kept tearing when I tried to lift it so I just rolled it up and got it out of the lot. Hopefully no hungry hawks will come looking for a dinner today.
The snow is very slick and I almost fell several times .
Aa brought his 4-wheel drive tractor over and made a couple trips around our driveway to speed the melting if the temperature does get above freezing today. You can see the snow still coming down in this picture.
Aa had a happy little helper.
Hubbie and I gathered some snow clothes and boots for g-son and some food to add to Re's for a big lunch for everyone and we headed over to Aa's for a fun sledding morning.
This is g-daughtger RL's first time realizing what sledding is all about and she didn't much care for it at first.

But she warmed up to it especially when she got to ride with someone heavier so she could go farther and faster.




She particularly liked the rides when the daddies pulled her around.


Come on mom you can go just one time down the hill !!!!  
Cause I have worn dad out !!!
Of course g-son and EL were loving every minute of the snow sledding day.











And BB, well his face in this first pic says what kind of day he was having.



They played and played until I know their little legs must have been completely worn out before we could convince them to come inside for lunch.
We had a pot of ham and bean soup and a pot of potato soup with some cornbread for lunch and it was very good and really hit the spot on a cold snow day.
After a nice restful visit we headed home so all the kids could get naps. I actually felt like I needed a nap !!!!
Hubbie and I rested and watched the birds in the refilled bird feeders outside the front window. They were very appreciative of the fresh seed I gave them.
We did chores then g-daughter RL and g-son stayed with us while their mom and dad went over to a neighbor's house for their Sunday school class Christmas party.
We made more snow cream and just enjoyed having them safe and warm here with us on this snowy night.
RL is patiently waiting for Pawpaw to bring in the snow for the snow cream.

And they both ate more than they should of the sweet mixture that they only get a few times each year.

After they were picked up hubbie and I had a nice relaxing evening  listening to the wind whip outside and saying prayers that our electric would remain on through this windy snowy night.
Thankful to God tonight that He allows me the health and opportunities to have fun with all the kids like we did today and I strive to glorify Him in all that I do.
God Bless and Good Night















No comments: