Thursday, March 8, 2018

COLD WINDY MARKET DAY

Back to triple layered clothing and snow flakes flying once again this morning as I get chores done and get ready for market. Both girls are in good moods today so that always makes the morning easier.
I dropped RL off at her pre-school and then a chatty IR and I met hubbie at market. She watched as we unloaded and got things set up.
Today started off really slow but it did warm up a little as the snow showers tapered off and customers looked for warm places to shop. The high temps today only got to the mid 30's and it was windy so that made it feel very uncomfortable outside.
AD came to stay with us at market while Re had an errand to do and she was happily exploring all around market until Re came back at around 10:45 to pick her up.
She helped me put out all my St. Patricks Day decorations.

Connie, other g-ma, picked up IR around 10:00 leaving us child free for the rest of the day.
Hubbie cleaned the last remaining overhead fan to get them ready for warm weather.
Hubbie left market at 1:00 and made our weekly Sam's Club stop and I left at 2:00 and made stops at the bank and Aldi.
I got home around 3:30 and hubbie helped me unload and then we rested until chore time. It is funny I remember wondering how my mother could be so tired when she came in from the Curb Market but now I find myself in the same boat !!!!   I think for me it is having to just sit and wait for customers that wears me out.
We did chores in a very chilly ,windy evening . No chicks hatching yet and tomorrow will be 21 days for little reds eggs. I hope none hatch tonight in the low 20's temps as I worry about her keeping them warm enough. The brooder box she is in is completely sealed off against the cold but there is no extra heat source in there.
We settled in for another basketball watching evening.
We watched parts of the Duke / Notre Dame game which Duke won and then watched the UNC/Miami game which  UNC won setting up the third meeting between them and Duke tomorrow night.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of our Gracious Savior.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: