Tuesday, March 20, 2018

FIRST DAY OF SPRING BRINGS GAMUT OF WEATHER

Up to the girls this morning and a much happier morning than yesterday.
I got the chores done and emptied 6/10ths inch of rain from the storm last night.
I took RL to pre-school and then came home to have my breakfast and feed IR.
The morning isn't busy today so I got some little task around the house done and then left a little early to pick up RL so I could stop by a truckload sale place. I found several things today that we use for a great deal.
RL went to sleep as soon as we hit the road home today and hubbie carried her in and layed her on the couch to finish her nap.
IR had lunch with us and then hubbie sat out in the sunroom with her and let her play so she wouldn't wake RL after we ate.
I worked on downloading all my pics on the computer to my e-book.
I always underestimate how long this takes.
RL woke up and had a snack and played for the afternoon. The weather was sunny and warm until about mid afternoon and then it turned windy and cloudy and misty rain fell on and off.
After the girls were picked up hubbie and I headed out to get chores done before the rains got here.
We could already hear thunder in the distance.
Thankfully we just got inside when the pouring rains came down with thunder and lightening.
The sun came back out during the rain and I found this really bright and double rainbow over the house.


G-son had soccer practice at 5:30 and this is him as he walks under the rainbows  back to the car where his mom and sister were waiting soaked after practice at 6:30.
Today is the first day of Spring and it looks like it will be welcomed in with not only my first hatch of chicks......... This lady hatched 4 out of the 5 eggs under her.

And another black Silkie hen allowed to start her 21 days setting period on the first day of spring......
And the apple orchards around the area are bursting into bloom.........
But also with about every type of weather that you can imagine on this first day of spring.
This morning's sun and lower 60's temps are history this afternoon with wind, rain and these dark clouds that brought a covering of hail to parts of the county this evening along with the thunder and lightening.
The red spots on this radar indicate where the hail stones fell. Nothing damaging thank goodness.
Now the temperature is plummeting and in the higher elevations the rain is already turning to ice and snow.
60 degree sunshine, wind, rain, hail, sleet, snow, 36 degrees temps, yep it's the first day of Spring !!!
This is the predictions for snowfall around the area from Toby the fourth nor'easter to pass through.

Sure makes you go to bed with that uneasy feeling wondering what we will wake up to ????
And another important event on this first day of spring was the 9 month birthday of this little sweetie called IR.

Thankful the I can lay my head down with the knowledge that God knows what He is doing and I am comfortable and safe in His control.
God Bless and Good Night






No comments: