Tuesday, March 6, 2018

MORE RAIN

Up to a rainy morning as I got chores done and then took RL to pre-school.
Back home I had breakfast and fed IR her breakfast while watching the rain get heavier as the morning went on.
I had so many things I could have done today but hubbie and I both just kind of lazed around all morning as IR took a long nap.
I needed to pick up chick starter for the first hatch of chicks that are due to hatch Friday so hubbie and IR rode with me to pick up RL and then we stopped by Tractor Supply.
The rain kept up all afternoon as we had lunch with IR while RL napped and then we played with the girls to pass the dreary afternoon.
The girls had a different kind of tea party !!!


It is so fun to watch the interaction between these two already.
After their mom's picked them up hubbie and I went out to get the chores done. Thankfully the rain has stopped leaving 3/4 inch in the gauge and lots and lots of slick mud.
Hubbie helped me make a new nest for the expected hatching of the Silkie chicks under the little red hen as the regular nesting box she was in had too high sides for these little chicks to get in and out of.
We sawed the sides off a couple of fruit boxes I had and that made a perfect new nest. I gently moved all her eggs to the new box and she settled on them without any hesitation. This hen has always been one of my best setters.

We came back inside and settled in for the evening with a wood stove fire downstairs to fend off the expected below freezing temps tonight. 
After a month of unseasonal warmth this cold really hurts !!!
And this little nugget turned another week older today !!
Thankful for the blessing of this day and the love of a gracious Savior.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: