Thursday, March 22, 2018

SCARY WINDY NIGHT

I was very surprised that we still had our power this morning. I got off the computer quickly last night as I heard tree limbs start falling outside the window . Hubbie and I went outside to see if we could see anything damaged. Our transformer had a fire on the small limb that is still caught in the lines running into it.
It was scary strong winds and we were afraid to get off the covered porch to check anything out.
The lights dimmed and blinked but came back to normal each time.
We both just went to bed and prayed for all the animals and things outside .
The scanner was alive with downed trees in roadways on this side of the county.
As I drifted off to sleep once again wondering what we would wake up to.
The wind is still blowing this morning but not nearly as hard as it was last night thankfully and we are so thankful to have power.
Both girls were in good moods this morning making the market morning go much faster.
Only a few smaller limbs on my chicken houses thankfully.
I dropped RL at her pre-school and IR and I met hubbie at market. We got things carried in and set up while she watched.
This is spring cleaning day at market and many of the vendors were already busy cleaning their areas.
We fed IR and then Connie, other g-ma, picked her up just before she went down for her morning nap.
After they left hubbie washed the windows behind my table while I moved things out from under my table and cleaned off all the shelves. Hubbie took a bunch of things with him to the dump to rid my space of some clutter.
I had a pretty good selling day today and sold several whole cakes.
After hubbie left I made copies of the minutes from our last board meeting to give to all the board members at our next monthly meeting coming up Saturday.
I left market and stopped at the PO and Aldi on my way home.
Hubbie helped me unload and get things put away before we took a short break .
Daughter has a haircut appointment at 4:45 so she brought IR here to stay.
She was hypnotized by the diffuser mist in the sunlight !!


Hubbie and I took turns getting our chores done this evening and staying inside with IR.
Poor RL suddenly started complaining with not feeling good this evening and when her mom took her temp it was 101.5 so she is headed to the doctor in the morning.
One of her dogs passed away earlier this week and she says she needs to be Abe's friend now since he is the only dog they have left.
I hope there is nothing serious wrong with RL.
Later this evening her brother also started running a low grade fever ??? !!!
Hubbie and I watched some March madness tonight. Since UNC lost we really don't have a favorite but I like to see the underdogs win and 11 seeded Loyola beat 7 seeded Nevada in the game we watched tonight.
Thankful for this wonderful day of blessings and praying for the kids that are not feeling well tonight that they get better quickly.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Hope both the grand kids are okay. Blessings