Monday, May 21, 2018

BACK TO ROUTINE MONDAY

Early back to the regular routine Monday today. I got chores done while the girls had breakfast of pancakes and cantaloupe.
I took RL to her last Monday of pre-school this year. I only hope she is as happy with her teachers and classmates next year as she has been this year.
Even after a week at home getting spoiled because she was so sick she bounced right into the classroom and gave the teacher and assistant teacher a big hug to let them know how much she missed them.
I came home and had breakfast then fixed IR her bottle before getting the weekly laundry started.
IR went down for a nap and while she napped and did laundry hubbie went up to find some post to make the lot on my guinea house with.
The clouds and sun are battling today and there is a cool wind blowing making it feel sooo much better outside.
I went after RL and she was so tired from her active morning that she ate her chicken nuggets and went to sleep even before we left the church parking lot.
Hubbie carried her inside when I got home and then IR woke up to have lunch with us.
I went up to the garden and got this for part of my lunch. I love this time of year when the fresh vegetables start coming in. The food straight from the garden just taste sooo much better !!
After lunch IR and I sat out in the sunroom while hubbie climbed up on the roof and cleaned out our gutters since more heavy rains are predicted at the end of the week.
IR watched for her Pawpaw to come back from the shed.
She is on the verge of walking and wants to so bad. She wants to be on the outside of all her bouncy seats now and thinks it is just grand to hold on and walk around them.
RL woke up and wanted a corn snack and then she helped IR walk with her learner walker.

They also enjoyed playing all the sound things on the front of it.
Hubbie looked at me when he came in and saw the interaction between the two of them and he said "this is really going to be fun"   , I definitely agree.
RL was making up for not eating all last week today with eating constantly. She made herself some toast with cream cheese and strawberries when she got home and it looks like she was happy with her creation.
Daughter and hubbie went over to her land to meet the surveyor who is going to survey tomorrow and IR and I stayed here. IR was worn out after her active afternoon and had to take a short nap while they were gone. Nothing more peaceful than a sleeping baby.
When they got back she woke up and they went home.
I watched the news then did chores. Hubbie hoed more weeds from the garden while I took a walk around the farm.
There is a sweet patch of these Daisys above the lower barn and I have always loved this flower. Daisys always look so fresh and clean.
The sweet tasting Honeysuckle is blooming along the driveway bank.
And all the Buttercups that hubbie bush hogged in the upper pasture have been replaced with clover blossoms.
When I look around at all the beauty in nature it impresses me so much that even after all the heavy rains and flooding of just a few days ago I can see no evidence of the harsh weather now. If only we as humans could shed off all the heavy weights that we carry around and bounce back with no evidence of our burdens.
I strive each day to lay my burdens at the feet of Jesus Christ and as the valleys of life come upon me I strive to always know that the light of Jesus is always in view and there are always only a few steps ahead to climb the next mountain out of the valley with the hand of Jesus guiding me.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

Your last paragraph really hit me as that is how I feel also. God bless you.