Friday, May 4, 2018

BEARWALLOW MOUNTAIN SCHOOL HIKE

Friday morning and we are off to a rough start with RL being in a bad mood and IR not happy without someone holding her !!!
I got the chores done and took RL to pre-school and listened to her whine about the sun being in her eyes all the way there but she refused to put on the sun glasses I have in the car for her to use.
I stopped by a farm outlet on the way home and got tomatoes, cucumbers and new potatoes .
When I got home I had my breakfast and we fed IR her bottle as she had already ate her breakfast earlier.
She went down for a morning nap and we cleaned house while she slept. It's always a decision on Friday mornings as to what do I do first , clean house or bake ???
If IR naps we usually clean house because she isn't bothered even by the vacuum and if we wait until after I pick up RL she can't sleep through the vacuum or any noise so it is better if I bake while she naps.
When IR woke up I mopped us all our the back door into the beautiful but hot morning for this time of year. 85 degrees feels like we have jumped right into summer from the cold winter we had.
I went to pick up RL and found her crying because she had fallen and skinned both her knees on the side walk on the way in from the play ground.
She ate most of her chicken nuggets and then went right to sleep as soon as we started home.
Hubbie carried her in and layed her on the couch. We ate lunch with IR and then hubbie took her outside to swing while I got my baking started.
I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound, 1 blackberry, 1 blueberry crumb cake for a special birthday of a customer's husband tomorrow and a pan of brownies.
RL woke up just as I put the last cakes in the ovens and she was still in her whiny mood.
I got her some snack and then she went outside to play also.
I went in and out checking on my cakes while the girls played.
As I sat on the front porch I noticed the view is getting more and more blocked by the leaves now.
When d-in-love came in g-son was all excited to tell us all about his trip to Bearwallow Mountain today with his entire school. The entire school including d-in-love hiked up to the fire tower atop Bearwallow mountain and had lunch and learned all about the conservancy that this beautiful land is now in.
The older kids like g-son were paired up with the younger kids and g-son did a very good job of looking after his charge all day.



I'm really glad g-son got to be a part of this in his last year at the elementary school because it should be a wonderful lifetime memory.
After everyone left hubbie worked in the garden and hilled up our potatoes which are doing really well this year as well as all the early vegetables .
I rested as I am really pooped this evening after my busy day and just wanted to sit and relax off my feet for awhile before chore time .
After chores I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
I am very thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: