Friday, May 11, 2018

FFA PLANT SALE AND BUSY BAKING DAY

Greeted both g-daughters this morning and they were both in good moods for the end of the week !!
I got chores done and RL and I left for her pre-school. She had teacher appreciation gifts for her teachers and was so excited to get to carry them in and give them to Ms Jodi and Ms Tess.
I came home and ate breakfast and fed IR hers.
I got all my baking supplies gathered up and realized I needed more butter since I had increased my cake list for the orders that have come in.
I didn't have time to start baking anyway before I met daughter at 10:30 out at the FFA plant sale at her high school.
Hubbie and IR went along so daughter could show IR off to the other teachers while I shopped for my plants.
At market we decided to give a flower to all the moms who come through market tomorrow so me and 2 other ladies bought 3 flats of flowers to give out.
I had a load of plants with these 3 flats and 1 for me , plus some Wandering Jew baskets that are always so pretty and do so well for me and a pretty Geranium.



We left the school and ran out to Ingles so I could get my butter and IR took a good nap while hubbie waited in the car with her.
Clouds were starting to build when we got home and we could already hear distant thunder. I said a prayer and then started my baking. I don't like to have my ovens all turned on if a close thunder and lightening storm is going on.
I baked 18 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound, 1 blackberry wine and 1 pan of brownies. I was planning on trying out the new little pie maker that daughter bought from Lynn but since I didn't turn the ovens off until 3:30 and the thunder was getting closer and closer now I scraped that idea for today.
After daughter picked up IR the storm got so close the lightening was really bad but we only got another 2/10ths inch of rain before it moved on past our area.
Once again we could have used more rain but we are prayerfully thankful also once again that we were spared the hail and strong winds some areas close to us received.
With the 84 degree temps of earlier today the storms were like strong summer storms.
Thankfully g-son's elementary school got their field day in before the storms reached there also. G-son in the gray  (asics) shirt looks like he is having a fun last field day at the elementary school level.

After the rain hubbie and I got the chores done and then I spent the rest of the evening in the kitchen icing all the cakes I baked today. I was surprised that my back and legs didn't hurt any more than they did with this first really busy baking Friday. 
I fell into bed dog tired at midnight  for a stark reminder of what is to come in the busy season months .
Thankful for the blessings of this day and the beauty God puts into our lives each and every day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: