Thursday, May 17, 2018

MARKET DAY, CAROWINDS, MORE RAIN

Another one g-daughter morning as RL is still really sick and her dad is staying home with her today while d-in-love goes on a field trip to Carowinds with g-son and his fifth grade class.
I was surprised to be greeted by sunshine this morning after all the rain predictions for today. I got chores done and hubbie, IR and I headed out to market.
Connie, other g-ma came in right after us and took IR for the day.
We got set up and then hubbie worked on moving some things around in the market office.
Customers were scarce as I expected with the rainy day forecast and the week after Mother's Day.
Me and a couple of the other board members got some things ready for our Old Timey day celebration coming up the first weekend in June.
I ended up having a decent day after all and I am very thankful for all that we did sell.
We left market and hubbie went to the recycle center and dump and Sam's Club, I went to the bank, PO, Ingles, Aldi and Walmart to get groceries and baking supplies.
I didn't get home until abut 4:30. I called #1 son from Walmart to check on g-daughter RL and see if she wanted some ice cream from Mcdonalds ,but he said they were getting ready to go out and he would get her something.
She is doing better today and eating and drinking better. At least there is a little smile on that face.
I got chores done just before the rains started falling. It rained so hard and thundered and lightened so bad I didn't get back out to shut the doors on the chicken houses.
This was just the beginning of the waves of heavy rain that we have had tonight.
I bought our first watermelon today and it was a good one for an early melon. Even g-daughter RL wanted some so her dad had to come up and get her some eggs and watermelon , I hope she ate it when he got back.
G-son and d-in-love got back late this evening from their fun day at Carowinds and by the look on g-son's face in these pics I would say this was his best school day yet !!!




Flood warnings are back up tonight for our county and with the sound of the pouring rain I'm sure they are warranted . Hopefully everyone will stay safe and stay out of the water.
No rainy day problems for #2 son and Tif as they went on a dolphin watching tour today and got really up close and personal with the dolphin.


Daughter and g-daughter IR participated in a yoga class this afternoon right after school with her sis-in-law Kristen and her daughter Addie , they are in the picture on the left.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the comfort in knowing that God is in control.
God Bless and Good Night






1 comment:

linda m said...

From the smile on RL's face I think she is feeling a little better. Praying for a speedy recovery for her. Stay safe and have a great weekend. Blessings