Saturday, May 19, 2018

MORE FLOODING , DEVASTATING MUDSLIDES AND CLOSED I-26

At least the sound of rain didn't wake us up this morning but the clouds were still here and the evidence of the 2 inches more of overnight rain were obvious when we looked around and down to the bottom pastures.

We got the chores done and got ready to go to market . We took the main roads since most of the back roads we usually drive are closed from flooding this morning. This is a picture of  one of the flooded roads in our area.
Market was slow as I figured it would be with all the rain, flooding and closed roads. They did get the interstate back open this morning. 
The damage in Polk county is devastating and one lady lost her life when her house was hit by an eight foot wall of mud and water.

 Most of the roads are covered with mud , water and slide debris.

A heavy rain shower came in town just before we left market but thankfully stopped before it was time to load up.
I came straight home today and hubbie helped me unload to beat the rain that looked like it was coming our way.
We only got a short shower this afternoon to add only .10 inch to our total for the day.
Hubbie hoed weeds in the garden before they get too much of a jump on the vegetables. He also made the door for my guinea house.
I moved the teenage chickens to a new on the ground cage tonight but they wouldn't come out of the box in there for a picture tonight.
I cleaned up their old cage and got it covered until I need it again.
When chores were finished we came inside and had the vegetable soup I bought from the soup vendor for supper and then relaxed for the evening.
Thankfully #2 son and Tif got back tonight safely from their vacation.
I am very thankful that we were spared any damaging rain fall last night and praying for all the folks that did sustain the damage and loss.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: